Wednesday, June 17, 2009

"Looking out at the road rushing under my wheels....."

What a journey thus far! We have seen more in 8 days than some have in a lifetime! Really, it has been so many adjectives wrapped into one big feeling! Scary, tiresome, exhausting, Exciting, CRAZY (that would be Scott and Micheal climbing Angel's Landing), FUN, enjoyable, AMAZING...and the list could go on! We left Zion today (by far my favorite place!). We headed out towards Salt Lake. As we drove I turned my Ipod on to Jackson Browne's "Running on Empty"....this is definitely my theme song as of right now! "Looking out at the road rushing under my wheels. Looking back at the years gone by like so many summer fields......I don't know where I'm running now, I'm just running on. Running on, running on empty! Running on, running blind! Running on, running into the sun, but I'm running behind!"....very fitting for me at the moment! I am SOOOOOO tired! Eight days with sub-normal rest for me is no good! But, HOTEL room tonight...A BATH TUB!!!!! Tomorrow we should be refueled and ready to go! Our next stop is OREGON! Can't wait to see the Pacific Northwest....What an opportunity....I keep losing sight and reminding myself that this is such an opportunity of a lifetime! Praise God for this amazing journey! I have to stop at every turn and thank our AWESOME God for his creations! Please keep praying for us! We love you all!

1 comment:

  1. Forrest Gump...heheheh. Great blog post, great pictures. God is great, sis. Keep on truckin'! And kiss the Natster!!!!

    -Jim and Erin

    ReplyDelete